Join us in toasting the return of the holiday classic during Cleveland's favorite holiday tradition: First Pour! Don't miss this special first taste of the season at the annual Christmas Ale First Pour® celebration at Great Lakes Brewing Company on Thursday, October 12!
The brewpub will open promptly at 11AM, with the first fresh keg of Christmas Ale tapped at 11:30AM. Read on to find out how you could win a VIP Christmas Ale First Pour experience!
2023 FIRST POUR HIGHLIGHTS
- The Cleveland Carolers (Pre-tapping)
- Christmas Ale ceremonial keg delivery (11AM)
- The First Pour of Christmas Ale (11:30AM)
- Christmas Ale themed food specials (all day)
- Note: We are unable to accommodate any table reservations on First Pour day. Tables will be available on a first come, first served basis, with a three hour time limit.
- Music from Whiskey Throttle, DJ Misfit Toy, and DJ Red-I
- Photo opps
- Toy Drive presented by Scott's Haul, benefitting Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
- Be the first to shop the 2023 Limited Holiday Merch Collection, featuring a mix of new Christmas Ale and winter-themed apparel, accessories, and more!
- New 2023 Homage collaboration apparel
Note: Christmas Ale will not be available for purchase in the gift shop during First Pour. See complete Christmas Ale release details below.
Remember your ID! All guests must be 21 or older with a valid ID to purchase or consume alcohol. No ID, no alcohol. No exceptions.
CHRISTMAS ALE RELEASE DETAILS
- October 12: Christmas Ale draft-only release exclusively at the GLBC brewpub! Sorry, no growler or crowler fills on First Pour day.
- October 13: The first cans, bottles, and kegs of Christmas Ale will be available for purchase exclusively at the GLBC gift shop. Sorry, we are unable to hold or reserve any beer.
- October 16: Cans, bottles, and kegs of Christmas Ale will begin appearing throughout Ohio.
- October 23: Cans, bottles, and kegs of Christmas Ale will begin appearing throughout all GLBC markets.
BARREL AGED CHRISTMAS ALE RELEASE DETAILS
Barrel Aged Christmas Ale returns for a limited time in 16 oz. Can 4-Packs to make the season even brighter! Stay tuned for release details on this special limited brew, coming mid-October.
COOKIE EXCHANGE & HOLIDAY PACK COMING SOON!
We are thrilled to introduce new seasonal Cookie Exchange Milk Stout in all markets mid-October! Brewed with a rotating cookie flavor, the inaugural edition of Cookie Exchange Milk Stout takes inspiration from Caramel Vanilla Shortbread. The holiday-themed seasonal launches in 6-Pack 12 oz. Cans and Draft. It also appears in a brand new Holiday Pack, which includes six cans of Cookie Exchange Milk Stout and six cans of Christmas Ale.
FIRST POUR AT HOME
Stay tuned for details on ordering Christmas Ale packages for your own personal First Pour celebration!
OFFICIAL FIRST POUR PARTIES
Can’t make it to Cleveland for the fun? We’re celebrating Christmas Ale First Pour in cities all over! Stay tuned to greatlakesbrewing.com/merrychristmasale for up-to-date listings of First Pour events near you, which will be added throughout the season.
CHRISTMAS ALE FIRST POUR VIP EXPERIENCE
Want to make your 2023 First Pour celebration extra special for yourself and your right-hand elf? Tell us who you'd bring to First Pour and why for a chance to win a First Pour VIP Experience including a private brewery tour, lunch for two, a "sleigh" full of GLBC holiday goodies, and VIP access to the first taste of the season. Enter for a chance to win here.
CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF US?
Subscribe to our newsletter, Much Abrew, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates on all of our year-round, seasonal, and limited release beers. Keep up to date with brewpub releases and events at our Brewpub Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Visit greatlakesbrewing.com/merrychristmasale throughout the season for regular updates including contests, games, recipes, fun downloads, and more!
Questions? Email GLBCinfo@greatlakesbrewing.com for more information.
Details subject to change without notice. First Pour is a 21+ event. All guests must be 21 or older with a valid ID to purchase or consume alcohol. No ID, no alcohol. No exceptions.